Lovelace Cancer Center features a skilled team of accomplished providers dedicated to diagnosing and treating all types of cancer and blood disorders, at all stages. We believe in making you, not just your cancer, the focus of your treatment. We care about you, your family, your quality of life and your goals. We care about providing you with the best treatment in New Mexico which means the best technology and the best physicians. That's why we, your team and physicians, pride ourselves on a multidisciplinary approach and comprehensive care.
Questions to ask your doctor:
- What is the goal of my treatment?
- What is the best way to treat my stage and type of cancer?
- How successful can I expect this treatment to be?
- Are there other treatment options? If yes, what are they?
- Why have you chosen this treatment plan for my care?
- If I choose not to have this treatment, what will happen?
- How can I expect to feel during treatment?
- If pain is involved, how can I prevent or relieve it?
- How long will my treatment last?
- What kinds of changes in my daily life will I have to make while I'm going through treatment?
- Will I be able to continue to work or take care of my other responsibilities?
- How will you know that the treatment is working?
- What side effects should I expect?
- Are there changes I should make to my diet?