Personal support when you need it most. Our breast care navigator is a trained health care professional who is available to all breast cancer patients and their loved ones to help coordinate care, support, and act as an advocate. A breast care navigator’s main goal is to be a resource to you through every step of your care to help give you peace of mind and comfort.
A Certified Breast Care Navigator serves as:
- A consistent care coordinator throughout the continuum of care assessing the physical, emotional and social needs of the patient.
- A support person for the breast cancer patient and their loved ones in understanding and coping with the strong emotions and social recovery.
- A facilitator of available community resources for patients and their loved ones (such as gas vouchers, co-pay relief, transportation services, local support groups, etc.)
- An educator in breast cancer treatment options and general breast health issues.
- A personal advocate for the needs of breast cancer patients and their loved ones.
Additional Support Services
- Multidisciplinary consultation
- Instruction on performing breast self-exams
- Dietary consultation
- Education & psychosocial support
- Patient & family support
- Survivorship partners
- Permanent make-up technician
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Breast health education and information
- On-site nipple areola repigmentation
- Community partnerships (local support groups, etc.)
- American Cancer Society Gift Closet (free wigs, scarves, bras and prostheses)
To schedule an appointment at the Breast Care Center, please call 505.727.6900.